Welcome Welcome Welcome

Welcome to FOREST FOREVER

If you log on, come on make a post.

If you just want to view then www.forestforever.co.uk

100% Forest Football Fan Forum & Website

Please LOG IN or REGISTER

You Reds
Forest Forever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOREST FOREVER - Nottingham Forest Fans

Home  Latest images  Register  Log in  

Doughty estate writes off majority of £75m debt!

Go down 
+3
Radcliffe Red
paulywills1
Johnshaft007
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Johnshaft007
Top Poster
Johnshaft007

Doughty estate writes off majority of £75m debt! Empty
PostSubject: Doughty estate writes off majority of £75m debt!   Doughty estate writes off majority of £75m debt! EmptyWed 11 Jul - 20:34

The legacy of the name of Doughty is forever woven into the tapestry of our wonderful club.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
'nuff said!
Back to top Go down
paulywills1
VIP
paulywills1

PostSubject: Re: Doughty estate writes off majority of £75m debt!   Doughty estate writes off majority of £75m debt! EmptyThu 12 Jul - 6:03

Doughtys heart was true red.

That 75 million is all about wages, poor and below average players picking up huge sums of money for little in return and making us the only European Champions to drop to the third tier of their own domestic league, shame on them and shame on their agents for exploiting the desperate cravings of our supporters yearning to return to the big time, THEY held Doughty to ransom. Bar Stewards.
Back to top Go down
Radcliffe Red
Radcliffe Red

PostSubject: Re: Doughty estate writes off majority of £75m debt!   Doughty estate writes off majority of £75m debt! EmptyThu 12 Jul - 6:22

It would be good to see some public recognition of his contribution - naming the Bridgford stand after him perhaps?
Back to top Go down
paulywills1
VIP
paulywills1

PostSubject: Re: Doughty estate writes off majority of £75m debt!   Doughty estate writes off majority of £75m debt! EmptyThu 12 Jul - 7:06

Radcliffe Red wrote:
It would be good to see some public recognition of his contribution - naming the Bridgford stand after him perhaps?

Agreed mate.
Back to top Go down
red fever
Elite Member
red fever

PostSubject: Re: Doughty estate writes off majority of £75m debt!   Doughty estate writes off majority of £75m debt! EmptyThu 12 Jul - 8:01

Kuwaiti millionaire Fawaz Al-Hasawi, whose deal to buy the club was sealed on Tuesday night, confirmed that he will meet with Cotterill and his coaching staff in London today.

In an interview with Arabic television, he said that he will give Cotterill everything he wants to transform Forest from a squad that struggled against relegation, to one that can challenge for the top-two.

And he also acknowledged that Forest must act quickly, with the new season rapidly approaching.

"We will go to London and sit with the coaching staff to see what the team needs," said Al-Hasawi, who had previously been on holiday in southern Europe.

"I will make big deals for players, even in a short amount of time. I will try to accomplish everything in a week because the league starts just a month from now."

Al-Hasawi, whose family earned their fortune in the refrigeration industry and property in Kuwait, admitted he has long craved the chance to own an English football club – and that buying Forest fulfills a personal ambition.

And he pledged to restore some of the club's former glories.

"I have thought for a long time about buying an English club and first began negotiations with Forest in April," he added.

"Forest are not suffering from any debt, which is what encouraged me to try to buy them.

"Nottingham has a large fan base, but the team has dropped a level since the 80s.

"We will strive to restore them to their previous glories."

Al-Hasawi declined to reveal how much he had paid to secure the club from the estate of former owner Nigel Doughty.

"I have heard from people that I have apparently brought the club for £75m, but I apologise, I refuse to disclose the amount."

Reports in the Middle East are already linking the Reds with Kuwaiti international goalkeeper Khalid Al-Rashidi.

The 25-year-old currently plays for Al Arabi, historically one of the most successful sides in Kuwait. But it is Al Qadsia, the club formerly owned by Al-Hasawi until the last few months, who have won the Premier League title for the last four seasons.
Back to top Go down
cloughntaylor
cloughntaylor

PostSubject: Re: Doughty estate writes off majority of £75m debt!   Doughty estate writes off majority of £75m debt! EmptyThu 12 Jul - 8:30

The Doughty estate was never going to get the full investment back. Nigel was a true supporter and if that is how he wanted to spend his money then we should respect that, He must have know there was little chance of him getting any money back unless we got back to the Prem. That must have been his dream.

Unfortunately I think most of his investment was wasted on poor managers, poor players etc. Whoever was advising him should be ashamed. I can't believe a top business man would dish out millions without advice.

Lets hope the Al-Hasawi family will be better advised.
Back to top Go down
Valencia
Top Poster
Valencia

PostSubject: Re: Doughty estate writes off majority of £75m debt!   Doughty estate writes off majority of £75m debt! EmptyThu 12 Jul - 20:16

Radcliffe Red wrote:

The academy is now named after ND, a nice touch from the owners.
Back to top Go down
Redette
Top Poster
Redette

PostSubject: Re: Doughty estate writes off majority of £75m debt!   Doughty estate writes off majority of £75m debt! EmptyThu 12 Jul - 22:29

Quality touch by the owners. Good on em. Nigel rip.
Redette
Back to top Go down
paulywills1
VIP
paulywills1

PostSubject: Re: Doughty estate writes off majority of £75m debt!   Doughty estate writes off majority of £75m debt! EmptyFri 13 Jul - 7:43

Great news, a legacy has been left for ND.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doughty estate writes off majority of £75m debt!   Doughty estate writes off majority of £75m debt! Empty

Back to top Go down

Doughty estate writes off majority of £75m debt!
Page 1 of 1