Welcome Welcome Welcome

Welcome to FOREST FOREVER

If you log on, come on make a post.

If you just want to view then www.forestforever.co.uk

100% Forest Football Fan Forum & Website

Please LOG IN or REGISTER

You Reds
Forest Forever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOREST FOREVER - Nottingham Forest Fans

Home  Latest images  Register  Log in  

Gunter to Reading?

Go down 
+4
Johnshaft007
paulywills1
macnffc 2
ripley red
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ripley red
Supporter
ripley red

Gunter to Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Gunter to Reading?   Gunter to Reading? EmptyMon 16 Jul - 18:01

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Given everything the al-hasawi's have said about giving control to the manager, either this article is pure speculation or they have made a management appointment already and the manager is happy to let Gunter go...personally I think we need to keep him at all costs
Back to top Go down
macnffc 2
Elite Member
macnffc 2

Gunter to Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunter to Reading?   Gunter to Reading? EmptyMon 16 Jul - 18:23

who knows whats going off....
Back to top Go down
paulywills1
VIP
paulywills1

Gunter to Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunter to Reading?   Gunter to Reading? EmptyMon 16 Jul - 18:42

I cant get me breath.
Back to top Go down
macnffc 2
Elite Member
macnffc 2

Gunter to Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunter to Reading?   Gunter to Reading? EmptyMon 16 Jul - 19:16

breath deeply pauly mate ....it looks as our troubles are not over
Back to top Go down
Johnshaft007
Top Poster
Johnshaft007

Gunter to Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunter to Reading?   Gunter to Reading? EmptyMon 16 Jul - 20:08

If this is even a bit true, then we are seriously, seriously in trouble!
Not because we will then have NO recognised defender (though that is a f**king issue)
But because Gunts is one of our stalwarts, and we cannot lose players of his ilk. I'll never forget SC talking about how stunned he was at Gunts' declaration of loyalty when the chips were down last season.
If we do manage to lose him, then there is something very, very wrong behind the scenes.
He would not leave 6 months ago when we were up s**t creek without a paddle.
If that has suddenly changed, then what is lurking behind the cupboard door?
Evil or Very Mad Question Evil or Very Mad Question Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Valencia
Top Poster
Valencia

Gunter to Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunter to Reading?   Gunter to Reading? EmptyMon 16 Jul - 22:04

It's the lure of the premier league, don't worry folks.
Back to top Go down
ripley red
Supporter
ripley red

Gunter to Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunter to Reading?   Gunter to Reading? EmptyTue 17 Jul - 12:59

Plus SC is now gone and maybe his loyalty was to him, he gets to play with gMac, he's an international and this ups his profile massively

I really think we need to keep him, but I don't believe he's done anything wrong in my book and the sale would bring us good money, unlike the other out of contract players. Everyone is assuming al-hasawi will bring the mega books, but there are still losses on those players out of contract that ideally need to be recouped.

Apparently I have read reports he's now down at reading having a medical. Good look to him.
Back to top Go down
ripley red
Supporter
ripley red

Gunter to Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunter to Reading?   Gunter to Reading? EmptyTue 17 Jul - 13:02

Books=bucks!
Back to top Go down
redordead
redordead

Gunter to Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunter to Reading?   Gunter to Reading? EmptyTue 17 Jul - 14:23

ripley red wrote:
Books=bucks!

Until the new man comes in and we spend millions on replacing our depleted squad , I'd stick to books.Wink
Back to top Go down
cloughntaylor
cloughntaylor

Gunter to Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunter to Reading?   Gunter to Reading? EmptyTue 17 Jul - 15:43

Well redordead you have more confidence than me that the new owners will be spending millions. It would appear we now have 2.3 million to spend, we just need someone in charge to make the most of it.

Good luck to Gunter, he has chosen a good club. I just wish Forest was as well run as Reading.

Every hour I am searching the Internet for some news that we have got a manager but nothing is happening. Surely they must have had a short list. Ferguson, Hoddle, Ince you are having a laugh. Why do I have a bad feeling about this takeover, please, please prove me wrong.
Back to top Go down
macnffc 2
Elite Member
macnffc 2

Gunter to Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunter to Reading?   Gunter to Reading? EmptyTue 17 Jul - 16:59

this is turning into a farce ,we have no back line to speak off selling gunter was another cock up by the arabs ,,,and it seems mcCarthy did not like the idea of them interfering in team and transfers plus it seems he is not sold on the idea of these so called trialists being pushed forward or are they trailists and have signed deals privatly with them....i for one will not be paying my hard earned money on watching a team full of part timers from the desert and get ripped apart each week in the name of nottm forest........we want players that we can rely on to win games each week........sorry people even tho a ball has not been kicked in anger i see a struggle to survive in the championship again through incopedence from the 3 stooges in charge
Back to top Go down
Red Elvis
Founder
Red Elvis

Gunter to Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunter to Reading?   Gunter to Reading? EmptyTue 17 Jul - 17:14

Thought the three stooges had gone? ND DP and MA? office tea boy?

Patience is a virtue.

The ink on Ownership Contract still wet yet!

P.S. How much money we got? does anyone know?

Back to top Go down
ripley red
Supporter
ripley red

Gunter to Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunter to Reading?   Gunter to Reading? EmptyTue 17 Jul - 17:27

Nope Q80s won't state a figure, just that they would make money available for what the manager thought he needed.....
Back to top Go down
Red Elvis
Founder
Red Elvis

Gunter to Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunter to Reading?   Gunter to Reading? EmptyTue 17 Jul - 17:32

I hope we got loads but the odds are the same of as we have not a lot!

WHY is this BECAUSE NO-ONE FLOCKING KNOWS!

We are upset because Paul McCartneys brother does not want to manage this club? or do we really know that he was offered the job?

I am upset for SC, and would have added the iconic at the higher lever a FOOTBALL KNOWLEDGEABLE ICON to address FOOTBALL from Babies to First Team.

So, MICK McCARTHY WHO?

Last edited by Red Elvis on Tue 17 Jul - 17:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
macnffc 2
Elite Member
macnffc 2

Gunter to Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunter to Reading?   Gunter to Reading? EmptyTue 17 Jul - 17:32

we need good players with talent....
Back to top Go down
Red Elvis
Founder
Red Elvis

Gunter to Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunter to Reading?   Gunter to Reading? EmptyTue 17 Jul - 17:33

It seems they are only good when they going or gone!

We need good players with talent, that want to play for Nottingham Forest Football Club.
Back to top Go down
paulywills1
VIP
paulywills1

Gunter to Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunter to Reading?   Gunter to Reading? EmptyTue 17 Jul - 18:20

Guntz has signed a 3 year deal for Reading.

I thought he told Cotts he loved it here and wanted to stay?scratch
Back to top Go down
Red Elvis
Founder
Red Elvis

Gunter to Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunter to Reading?   Gunter to Reading? EmptyTue 17 Jul - 18:23

Thats Gunter, Shorey and McCleary, do they want Greening and Miller?

Good Luck to him! he'll need it lol!
Back to top Go down
Red Elvis
Founder
Red Elvis

Gunter to Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunter to Reading?   Gunter to Reading? EmptyTue 17 Jul - 21:04

DON'T LOSE NO SLEEP OVER CUNTZ Laughing

"Reading matched our valuation of the player and although our new owners tried to persuade him to stay, his heart was clearly set on a move to Reading. We would like to wish him well with his new club."

"Chris already knows our club well, he is very close to Garath McCleary, knows our Welsh players and I also know he met many of our squad over the summer too.
Back to top Go down
paulywills1
VIP
paulywills1

Gunter to Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunter to Reading?   Gunter to Reading? EmptyWed 18 Jul - 6:34

Well I dont want to sound bitter but Guntz and McCleary formed our right side for most of last season in a distinctly average Championship in which we just avoided relegation, so we'll see how they do in the Premiership.

One thing is certain, they are on far more money now and thats the only reason they've gone.
Back to top Go down
Red Elvis
Founder
Red Elvis

Gunter to Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunter to Reading?   Gunter to Reading? EmptyWed 18 Jul - 8:59

The football plan was Young Hungry players growing together, without doubt learning and growing, without doubt dishing up some averageness at times, however Reading have grasped young player, talented player and potential with a key commodity PACE, from this football plan I really wish them well.

We now have joined many a club in BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY well SIGNINGS FLOCKING SIGNINGS STELLA and more, and for this need more money than the rest? need to endure Greening Miller and more mercenary footballers playing for us on a Saturday and Derby County the next Wednesday if they want to.

I hope the owners, really do look at the bigger picture, the longer term gain, no more Greenings Millers and Deja Vu nollox that took us to League One.

Football Team needed with the same ND MA and DP Plan from League One to Play Offs Spots.

We should have been where Reading Norwich and Swansea have been, and we still can.

But if we are buying it, then as the beatles sang MONEY CAN'T BUY YOU LOVE might be a second best feeling or something similar, but not REAL!

If Gunter and McCleary have joined a bonded set of lads, and they start OK, I look forward to see them taking the piss out of Ashley Cole? Bertrand?, it will hurt a tad, cus it should have been us.

BUT WHAT A GREAT GAUGE, Can Blackstock be as good as Holt? Has McCleary always been better than Routledge but needed more time?

The Arabian Knights missed a trick for me, SC just have been planning last week, and an ICONIC FOOTBALL DIRECTOR installing a football plan and method, searching the planet fro technically gifted young players, and adding them to the mix, eventually after no success, SPAIN is the template, did not all of a sudden happen, and the conveyor belt is for longevity.

Now SC gone, only one that has it in his veins, maybe like us but with more money would be ROY KEANE.

I don't want Cockneys from Spurs, we've battered them, Managers from Wolves??? Really?

If not Steve Stone at Newcastle Coaching, and a Paul Hart as DIRECTOR?

or if we want to try and buy it BILLY DAVIES and a contract of silence, and pay off of a £1 with £2 million bonus on Premiership.

I AM WORRIED, Don't know what formation we will play, don't know nothing about the ICONIC manager will he see that Nottingham has talent, will he use it? will he? Stella?

This league is avearage, and Premiership not much better either! Very Happy

COME ON YOU REDS!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gunter to Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunter to Reading?   Gunter to Reading? Empty

Back to top Go down

Gunter to Reading?
Page 1 of 1