Welcome Welcome Welcome

Welcome to FOREST FOREVER

If you log on, come on make a post.

If you just want to view then www.forestforever.co.uk

100% Forest Football Fan Forum & Website

Please LOG IN or REGISTER

You Reds
Forest Forever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOREST FOREVER - Nottingham Forest Fans

Home  Latest images  Register  Log in  

New boss in place!

Go down 
+12
Radcliffe Red
cloughntaylor
Johnshaft007
paulywills1
redinexile
ARMAGH FOREST
kenttree
ripley red
Redette
Red Elvis
red fever
Forest Forever
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Forest Forever
POSITIVE NEWS
POSITIVE NEWS

New boss in place! Empty
PostSubject: New boss in place!   New boss in place! EmptyThu 19 Jul - 22:06

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
red fever
Elite Member
red fever

New boss in place! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New boss in place!   New boss in place! EmptyThu 19 Jul - 22:08

Have we signed anbody yet ?
Back to top Go down
Red Elvis
Founder
Red Elvis

New boss in place! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New boss in place!   New boss in place! EmptyThu 19 Jul - 22:08

lol!
Back to top Go down
red fever
Elite Member
red fever

New boss in place! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New boss in place!   New boss in place! EmptyThu 19 Jul - 22:13

Red Elvis wrote:
lol!

Great choice of manager

The Forest fans must be happy with that
Back to top Go down
Red Elvis
Founder
Red Elvis

New boss in place! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New boss in place!   New boss in place! EmptyThu 19 Jul - 22:16

I think theres a bit more to come yet, maybe we'll get the Football Iconic Director?

Anyway another tick, now FOUR DEFENDERS, and SOD would favour Diadora I would imagine?

Feel really sorry for SC, REALLY SORRY!

Anyway ON WE GO, Football Man, Popular Man, I'll support until he's gone! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Red Elvis
Founder
Red Elvis

New boss in place! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New boss in place!   New boss in place! EmptyThu 19 Jul - 22:20

Respected

Majority shareholder Fawaz Al-Hasawi told the Reds' official website: "We interviewed many well-known and high profile figures but none of them impressed us as much as Sean O'Driscoll.
"Season's passion for Nottingham Forest, knowledge of the game and the Championship in particular, plus his work ethic, shone through in our conversations.

"He is hugely respected, not only by members of our current squad and staff at the club for his work in helping transform our fortunes last season, but also within the wider football community."

Al Hasawi added: "We are delighted to welcome Sean back to the club. He has our total support and we are looking forward to a long and successful relationship."

Either the Kuwaitis are conning us, or that sticks TWO Fingers up at the High Profiles!

I know which I believe! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Redette
Top Poster
Redette

New boss in place! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New boss in place!   New boss in place! EmptyThu 19 Jul - 22:29

Not iconic but I feel rather pleased they resisted the Sven types and went for the man who imho made all the difference at the CG when he arrived.

Good Luck Drizzy

COYR

Redette
Back to top Go down
red fever
Elite Member
red fever

New boss in place! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New boss in place!   New boss in place! EmptyThu 19 Jul - 22:33

Redette wrote:
Not iconic but I feel rather pleased they resisted the Sven types and went for the man who imho made all the difference at the CG when he arrived.

Good Luck Drizzy

COYR

Redette

S OD will have seen SC's transfer targets & may want the loans in on perm deals
Back to top Go down
ripley red
Supporter
ripley red

New boss in place! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New boss in place!   New boss in place! EmptyThu 19 Jul - 22:37

Redette wrote:

Good Luck Drizzy

COYR

Redette

+1

The sensible choice IMHO

Back to top Go down
kenttree
kenttree

New boss in place! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New boss in place!   New boss in place! EmptyThu 19 Jul - 23:26

I wonder just how much the Al Hasawis listened to the fans? Must have cost them a lot to buy out SOD's new contract.
Excellent choice, very happy.
SOD's red and white army!
Back to top Go down
ARMAGH FOREST
ARMAGH FOREST

New boss in place! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New boss in place!   New boss in place! EmptyThu 19 Jul - 23:51

new owners:D Very Happy cheers .... new manager:evil: Mad Sad ... feck me, they no how te build ye up + knock ye back down again, sean who ??? ,bet the sheep`s havin a great laff at us now.... i`ve cancelled my order for the new strip in protest, listen to fans.... MY ARSE ! BRING BACK BILLY Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
redinexile
Top Poster
redinexile

New boss in place! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New boss in place!   New boss in place! EmptyThu 19 Jul - 23:59

The right man at the right time to get us kick started on the rebuilding programme.Hopefully we are now set on giving him backing in terms of a global scouting network and a high profile Director of Football Development to assist in attracting hungry up and coming talent.

I could see Hoddle in this role as he shares the same vision of how to play the game and provides the profile and links with his coaching school

cheers Basketball cheers Basketball cheers Basketball cheers Basketball bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
red fever
Elite Member
red fever

New boss in place! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New boss in place!   New boss in place! EmptyFri 20 Jul - 1:22

ARMAGH FOREST wrote:
new owners:D Very Happy cheers .... new manager:evil: Mad Sad ... feck me, they no how te build ye up + knock ye back down again, sean who ??? ,bet the sheep`s havin a great laff at us now.... i`ve cancelled my order for the new strip in protest, listen to fans.... MY ARSE ! BRING BACK BILLY Twisted Evil

Give the man a chance !
Back to top Go down
paulywills1
VIP
paulywills1

New boss in place! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New boss in place!   New boss in place! EmptyFri 20 Jul - 5:24

Neutral
Back to top Go down
Johnshaft007
Top Poster
Johnshaft007

New boss in place! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New boss in place!   New boss in place! EmptyFri 20 Jul - 6:22

kenttree wrote:
I wonder just how much the Al Hasawis listened to the fans? Must have cost them a lot to buy out SOD's new contract.
Excellent choice, very happy.
SOD's red and white army!

I think that first question is key in this appointment. There a bunch of Fawaz's people on Twitter all the time, and there was a pretty clear message from us where SO'D is concerned.
That in itself speaks volumes in my opinion.
What a CRACKING appointment, with a Director of Football to come I assume.

Happy days!
Back to top Go down
Johnshaft007
Top Poster
Johnshaft007

New boss in place! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New boss in place!   New boss in place! EmptyFri 20 Jul - 6:25

ARMAGH FOREST wrote:

You are, alas, pretty much a lone voice in that opinion - and I'm talking about the entire #nffc community as well as here!
Back to top Go down
ARMAGH FOREST
ARMAGH FOREST

New boss in place! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New boss in place!   New boss in place! EmptyFri 20 Jul - 6:41

i`ll give him till Halloween Fever, but ye have to admit,after all the names bandied about , Sean O`Driscoll wasn`t even mentioned... + McCarthy walked away after he seen the way the 3 amigos wanted to run the club Shocked ,a well, here we go again,hopefully he mite turn into the next Brendan Rodgers.....but i`m still cancel`in me new strip affraid ,I HOPE HE PROVES ME WRONG, pleaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!
Back to top Go down
ARMAGH FOREST
ARMAGH FOREST

New boss in place! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New boss in place!   New boss in place! EmptyFri 20 Jul - 6:49

Ahh Shafty Bond !!!, i`m a year older than ye mate, so i no better Cool
Back to top Go down
cloughntaylor
cloughntaylor

New boss in place! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New boss in place!   New boss in place! EmptyFri 20 Jul - 6:57

Well that's a surprise. Not the iconic appointment I expected but he will do. Good luck to him, need to get the finger out from this morning. If you need a number two there is a bloke named Cotterill looking for a job. I just hope Sean can sign up players quicker than the Hasawi's can sign up a manager.
Back to top Go down
Radcliffe Red
Radcliffe Red

New boss in place! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New boss in place!   New boss in place! EmptyFri 20 Jul - 7:29

I'm impressed that they didn't just go for a big name but took advice (from the likes of Frank Clark?) on who would be the best to do the job rather than who would make the biggest headlines. A spring in my step this morning!
Back to top Go down
Johnshaft007
Top Poster
Johnshaft007

New boss in place! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New boss in place!   New boss in place! EmptyFri 20 Jul - 7:58

Radcliffe Red wrote:
A spring in my step this morning!

Ditto. Just walked up to school from the station, sun beaming, singing 'Oh what a beautiful morning' in my head! cheers
Back to top Go down
paulywills1
VIP
paulywills1

New boss in place! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New boss in place!   New boss in place! EmptyFri 20 Jul - 8:23

I'm happy Very Happy

Only slight niggling concern is that apparently the players influenced the arabian knights appointment.

Hope Disco's quiet demeanour doesn't trigger player power and he becomes a "lapdog".

Sure I'm worrying over nothing and Sean creates a close-knit harmonious dressing room.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS cheers

UUUUUUUUUUUU REDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
mikeyboy
Supporter
mikeyboy

New boss in place! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New boss in place!   New boss in place! EmptyFri 20 Jul - 9:24

not over impressed but the best of the rabble mentioned barring BD ,
i think he'll do a steady job and better than cotterball but he's in no way iconic ,
im a bit concerned about this ICONIC business though ! have we got new owners who maybe just got a bit carried away in the excitement of buying our great club or have we got a bunch of business men going down the same road as mark arthur by telling the fans what they want to hear then not delivering ? i hope they just got carried away but only time will tell !
now lets have the 2 wolves boys back , 2-3 defenders in and we are good to start , we can add more as we go along bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Red Elvis
Founder
Red Elvis

New boss in place! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New boss in place!   New boss in place! EmptyFri 20 Jul - 10:11

Amazing Football Decision.

Still sad for SC but this is a FOOTBALL decision not an ICONIC one?

I see a Hoddle or a named name as TECH DIRECTOR.

I don't think the new owners listened to the fans or we'd have gone backwards to Billy Davies.

I think they've taken MARK ARTHURS ADVISE on this lol! , or was it TEA LADY.

Its a very steady eddie appointment football wise, and at the end of the day, anybody on this Forum signing a Back Four should be able to put this squad in TOP SIX minimum.

ON WE GO - poor old cotty!

P.S. This football man might make them Arabians magical at this level?
Back to top Go down
Radcliffe Red
Radcliffe Red

New boss in place! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New boss in place!   New boss in place! EmptyFri 20 Jul - 11:17

I reckon it was the advice of Frank Clark; he would realy know the man and judge his ability and character.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New boss in place! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New boss in place!   New boss in place! Empty

Back to top Go down

New boss in place!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next