Welcome Welcome Welcome

Welcome to FOREST FOREVER

If you log on, come on make a post.

If you just want to view then www.forestforever.co.uk

100% Forest Football Fan Forum & Website

Please LOG IN or REGISTER

You Reds
Forest Forever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOREST FOREVER - Nottingham Forest Fans

Home  Latest images  Register  Log in  

Next boss??

Go down 
+12
Radcliffe Red
Redette
redinexile
redordead
macnffc 2
ARMAGH FOREST
cloughntaylor
paulywills1
Johnshaft007
Major Oak
ripley red
Valencia
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
ripley red
Supporter
ripley red

Next boss?? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next boss??   Next boss?? - Page 5 EmptyThu 19 Jul - 21:00

I gave up with the radio!
Back to top Go down
Valencia
Top Poster
Valencia

PostSubject: Re: Next boss??   Next boss?? - Page 5 EmptyThu 19 Jul - 21:02

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Looking like O'Driscoll
Back to top Go down
red fever
Elite Member
red fever

PostSubject: Re: Next boss??   Next boss?? - Page 5 EmptyThu 19 Jul - 21:50

Sky Sports understands that Sean O'Driscoll, after holding further talks with the club on Thursday, has been offered the manager's job at Nottingham Forest.

O'Driscoll was identified as a leading candidate for the role in the wake of Mick McCarthy's decision to rule himself out of the running.

He was believed to be the top choice of the Al-Hasawi family, who parted with Steve Cotterill's services shortly after completing a takeover at the City Ground.

O'Driscoll was interviewed for the post on Wednesday, before holding a second round of discussions on Thursday.

Forest have made no secret of their desire to make an appointment as soon as possible and have wasted no time in putting an offer on the table.

They have turned to a man who took in a spell with the Reds last season, with O'Driscoll having formed part of Cotterill's backroom team for the second half of the campaign.

He left to take the reins at Crawley Town in May, but could soon be making his way back to Trentside
Back to top Go down
paulywills1
VIP
paulywills1

PostSubject: Re: Next boss??   Next boss?? - Page 5 EmptyFri 20 Jul - 5:30

Right, he's the man.

Bit of an anti-climax and many will laugh after all the hype the new owners have generated.

Let's get behind Sean Disco and get this club up that frickin League !

UUUUUUUU REDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS cheers
Back to top Go down
paulywills1
VIP
paulywills1

PostSubject: Re: Next boss??   Next boss?? - Page 5 EmptyFri 20 Jul - 8:28

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy
Back to top Go down
red fever
Elite Member
red fever

PostSubject: Re: Next boss??   Next boss?? - Page 5 EmptyTue 31 Jul - 11:34

Mick McCarthy says the primary reason for his decision to withdraw his interest in the Nottingham Forest job was due to a desire to manage in the Premier League again.

Former Republic of Ireland[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] international McCarthy recently held talks with Forest about becoming manager following the Al-Hasawi family's takeover at the City Ground.

He subsequently pulled out of discussions to replace Steve Cotterill,[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] with the Championship club eventually appointing Sean O'Driscoll[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] as the new boss.

McCarthy, who was sacked by Wolves in February, is keen to get back into the top flight and he also did not want to be disrespectful towards Forest by taking the job for the sake of it.

"I thought it would be wrong to go back and just take a club, especially a club like Nottingham Forest, which has a great history, for the sake of taking the club."
Mick McCarthy Quotes of the week

History

"The primary reason is that I want to get a job in the Premier League," McCarthy told the Irish Independent.

"Whether that's going to happen or not, I don't know, because there isn't an awful lot of jobs going, of course, and it's not really a sacking league - well, it's got better that way.

"I'd also just moved out of the West Midlands, and I thought it would be wrong to go back and just take a club, especially a club like Nottingham Forest,[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] which has a great history, for the sake of taking the club. I don't think anyone deserves that.

"We'll see what comes up. They all know I'm unemployed. There might be a club abroad that I might like."

McCarthy is also keeping an open mind regarding the prospect of a return to international football after rejecting the chance to become South Korea coach in 2007.

The ex-Ireland boss added: "I'd say I would consider it (international football) again and that's not necessarily here because South Korea approached me a few years back; that job was mine, but I turned it down.

"I've had a number of enquiries as to whether I'd be interested in international jobs. But now, I want to be at a club, that's where I want to be."
Back to top Go down
Radcliffe Red
Radcliffe Red

PostSubject: Re: Next boss??   Next boss?? - Page 5 EmptyTue 31 Jul - 11:46

Assuming that this is straight talking, and McCarthy has always seemed to be an honest straightforward guy, it's a relief that his reason for not coming to the City Ground was an understandable wish not to step down a league and not because of concerns over, for example, constraints over his freedom to do the job as he thought best.

No regrets in any case; I'm sure we have the top man, even if he was second choice.
Back to top Go down
paulywills1
VIP
paulywills1

PostSubject: Re: Next boss??   Next boss?? - Page 5 EmptyTue 31 Jul - 11:51

These managers are ten a penny ya know.

IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Red Elvis
Founder
Red Elvis

PostSubject: Re: Next boss??   Next boss?? - Page 5 EmptyTue 31 Jul - 12:00

Football is full of averageness at greatness money!

Its a circus, we joined it fell from grace, recovered and I hope now we're back on it, FOOTBALL is given an important role in this new era!

Please Mr Al Hasawi, if they say one word against our Club, GET RID Short Term loss, Long Term Gain.

No more DEJA VUs Hate um! unless its Euro Deja Vus?

COYR All excited with signings, looking good, now the easy bit that is a pain to many the FOOTBALL!
Back to top Go down
EoinyB
Supporter
EoinyB

PostSubject: Re: Next boss??   Next boss?? - Page 5 EmptyWed 1 Aug - 11:59

Personally I think the owners thought McCarthy? S.O.D him!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
redinexile
Top Poster
redinexile

PostSubject: Re: Next boss??   Next boss?? - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Aug - 15:43

We can close this thread for at least 5 seasons as we have the best manager for the job who will get us to where we need to be and beyond. In 5 years he should be ready for the Director of Football role in charge of club recruitment, Academy and tactical strategy!

COYR's:cheers:
Back to top Go down
Radcliffe Red
Radcliffe Red

PostSubject: Re: Next boss??   Next boss?? - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Aug - 16:50

Well said!
Back to top Go down
Red Elvis
Founder
Red Elvis