Welcome Welcome Welcome

Welcome to FOREST FOREVER

If you log on, come on make a post.

If you just want to view then www.forestforever.co.uk

100% Forest Football Fan Forum & Website

Please LOG IN or REGISTER

You Reds
Forest Forever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOREST FOREVER - Nottingham Forest Fans

Home  Latest images  Register  Log in  

The finest post I've ever read.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
paulywills1
VIP
paulywills1

The finest post I've ever read. Empty
PostSubject: The finest post I've ever read.   The finest post I've ever read. EmptySat 12 May - 19:36

His improved form did not merit a threefold pay rise, it stood as some recompense for his previous generally much poorer performances.

For fifteen grand a week Reading can have him. Even with a short career It is seasons like this where I simply can't justify the wages players get, even when they play well. Joel Lynch played well this year, but he could never, ever be said to deserve a fifth of a million pounds for it. McCleary, equally, isn't worth three quarters of a million pounds a year.

When I think about the state of the club, how much Doughty put in to get us nowhere, and how much these people make for playing football, I feel sick. It's taken a few years to really catch up with me, but there's a moral vacuum at the heart of the game and all these players are complicit in it.

Spare me the argument, too, that I'd not turn down that sort of money for my job if it was offered. I've been paid silly money for cushy work and walked away from it before. Overpayment harms the foundations of the industry one works in, and taking an insane cut is not just selfish and vulgar but destructive as well.

Aside from those who came in and took us up from the third tier, have the vast sums of money paid to all these relatively unimpressive and incapable players been remotely justified in that they've received the money in return for the betterment of the club?

I know not all clubs can be successful, but all players in the top two divisions are financially successful no Matt what. It's a filthy ****ing shame and I want no part of it.

SUPERB
Back to top Go down
ARMAGH FOREST
ARMAGH FOREST

PostSubject: Re: The finest post I've ever read.   The finest post I've ever read. EmptySat 12 May - 20:08

Here,here Pauly, sittin on his ass for 3 years pickin up his 4 grand a week, plus getting to see the game for nowt...... + hey presto, he gets a chance to do what he`s paid for,scores a few goals + wants a feckin triple payrise !!!! I`d tell em te pay back the 3 x 3 years 4 grand he got for pickin his nose first!!! SC gave the guy a chance + thats the way he`s repaid !Better off without i say,enjoy yourself sittin on the bench @ Reading,scratchin yer ass.... only loyalty now seems to have the Queens head on it !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Red Elvis
Founder
Red Elvis

PostSubject: Re: The finest post I've ever read.   The finest post I've ever read. EmptySat 12 May - 22:45

Its like the horse has bolted, MA and ND should never have opened the wallet to 10-15K players and slapped BD for not adding loans to finish the job.

NOW WE KNOW WE HAVE NO MONEY, AND £15,000 a week at this level, for what? PLAY OFFS.
Not good enough

Fresh vibrant players with a couple or three loans added to the NINE OUT OF CONTRACT ONE YEAR SUPERSTARS this season, we could win this league EASY.

No more Stella, and OWNERS of the richest sort or 2p above a fair budget!
Back to top Go down
cloughntaylor
cloughntaylor

PostSubject: Re: The finest post I've ever read.   The finest post I've ever read. EmptySun 13 May - 7:51

Well said Armagh, I know I am an old fashioned bugger from the days when top players where lucky to get 20 quid a week but I am sure we can do without the attitude of players like McCleary. Maybe he has been led on by his agent but he will soon realise that Reading aren't paying 15 grand for nowt. A hat trick at Leeds was magnificent for us but that means nothing to Reading. The pressure will be on him, yerve made yer bed, so lie on it.
I have a good feeling we are on for a good season next. I didn't rate Cotterill at first but I was wrong and now think he knows what he his on with. We will do a Swansea or a Norwich or a Southampton and go up with a team and not a bunch of Prima Donnas. Come on Steve.
Back to top Go down
Johnshaft007
Top Poster
Johnshaft007

PostSubject: Re: The finest post I've ever read.   The finest post I've ever read. EmptySun 13 May - 9:13

Echo every sentiment on here. I was walking down to the shop early yesterday evening, and just got to doing some sums in my head. Then I suddenly thought to myself 'So what McCleary is actually saying is "Half a million isn't enough for me...I want three-quarters"'.
It says something about the lad, that's for sure.
Ok, I realise that he has the little devil on his shoulder whispering 'Garath, you're worth so much more...you're worth so much more', which is why all football agents are scum.
But, Garath also shows that he believes the crap his agent is spouting to him, and possibly that he doesn't have sufficient other advice coming from grounded parents, or the like. Pure conjecture, I know, but I know what I'd be saying to my boy should he find himself in such a position, and I'd imagine I'm of a similar generation to his folks.
Anyways, thems are the kind of personalities we don't need in the dressing room, as all they will do is create tensions and a sense of inequality in there.
Cannot underestimate the influence of SM in sanctioning the pay of Miller et al in all of this! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The finest post I've ever read.   The finest post I've ever read. Empty

Back to top Go down

The finest post I've ever read.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forest Forever :: TRICKY TREES-
Jump to: